The Overton Firm represents all segments of the construction industry to tryt to assist to resolve disputes related to construction. The Overton Firm works with property owners, manufacturers, suppliers, architects, engineers
and related professionals to address building performance
and causation issues.
Through an understanding of construction building science and the means and methods of constructability, we help to find real world solutions to building issues.
Our core competencies also
include the use of alternative dispute resolution and evaluation of
construction documentation as compared to relying solely on the "as built"
The Overton Firm also provides assistance in negotiating construction
agreements and resolving payment problems and other disputes in an attempt to prevent costly litigation expense.
The Overton Firm handles cases and problems including:
- Payment Issues and Litigation
- UCC Claims and Filings
- Materialmen and Mechanic’s Lien Filing and Defense/Removal
- Bond Claim Filing and Litigation
- Retainage Collection and Litigation
- Trust Fund Statutes and Legislation
- Design Defect Claims and Litigation
- Changes and Delays in Construction
- Bid Mistakes and Protests Claim Litigation
- Foundation ans Structural Claim Litigation
- Breach of Contract Claim Litigation
- Residential Construction Liability Act Claim Litigation
- Mediation and Arbitration of Construction Disputes
In the past few years, we have been increasingly involved in
handling issues for clients utilizing ADR (alternative dispute resolution - mediation/arbitration) as well as the filing and defending claims
under the Arkansas Construction and Mechanic’s Lien Laws.